The health & well-being industry is a rapidly growing sector, as more and more people understand the importance of a balance between physical and mental health, and if you run an e-commerce website that markets health & well-being products, there are SEO strategies that you should explore, which we outline below.
- Social Media – If you haven’t yet created accounts with the 3 big players (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), this is something to remedy. Social media is a very powerful marketing platform and you can use these sites to post engaging and informative content on all aspects of health & well-being, and over time, you can create a large following. Assign one employee to manage your social media pages, making sure you post often and you will see an increase in site visitors.
- Web Design – Your e-commerce platform in your shop window and the design should be easy on the eye, while creating a soothing look, and with fast loading pages, your products can be listed, with professional images and copy. This is something to outsource to a local web designer, who could also host and maintain the website on your behalf.
- Search Engine Optimisation – When a consumer uses Google and searches for a product like Palm Beach Collection specialty candles, you ideally want your website to be in the first ten search results, as most people find what they are looking for within the first page of search results. SEO services should be ongoing and there are a number of ways to improve a website’s rankings within a search result, and with an expert in your corner, you should receive a high volume of traffic from searches.
- Health Magazines – Whether printed or online, many people follow health publications and by advertising with the right media outlets, you can drive traffic to your website. You can post guest blogs on all aspects of the industry and with links back to your website, this will attract visitors and they are interested in what you have to offer.
- Spa & Wellness Centres – Why not introduce yourself and your business with a view to forging an alliance with a local spa? By networking with other industry players, you are maximising your exposure and the more you do that, the better. You could offer your clients a special discount at a partner spa, while the spa can give their clients gift vouchers to spend on your website, and making connections will spread your message and could lead to very valuable connections in the future.
Every industry needs to explore the potential of the Internet, and by following the above advice, you can drive traffic to your digital platform, which should lead to increased sales. Most companies enlist the help of a leading SEO company who can put together a digital marketing plan and help your business achieve steady growth, and this is an investment that you really can’t afford to overlook.